Monday 4 August 2014

Week 3 Term 3

Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a great weekend! It's so nice to see the sunshine.

Sorry for the delay in posting today, I wanted to wait until after our staff meeting to ensure I didn't forget anything. :)

This week is busy, busy, busy. It's Book Fair Week so please don't forget to check out the awesome range of books on offer in the school Library.

Monday: homework handed out, Kapa Haka
Tuesday: Choir and singing (pm)
Wednesday: Wastebusters talk 9.30-10, Cross Country (starting 1pm)
Thursday: Back into full school uniform 
Friday: Dress up day - book character (Lorax) or bugs, there will be a parade at 11am. No assembly or mass this week. Otago V Southland pre-season game - Curtain raiser 1pm, main game starting at 2.30.

Homework this week is the same as last week - spelling, basic facts and reading. This fortnights project is 'current events'. More information is in your child's homework book.

Cross Country - Thank you to those who have offered to help on Wednesday. Lets hope all of our training will pay off on Wednesday and we will have a beautiful sunny afternoon. Please read through the information in the previous blog, if you have any questions please get in touch with me ASAP. :)

Rugby game on Friday - I have asked in class and it appears that a lot of the children are going to be leaving school to watch this game. Can you please let me know by email or text if you are intending on taking your child to the rugby. There is a possibility that I will take the rest of the class to the game (if they want to) but I will discuss this with the class and get a consent form home tomorrow if the class decides to go. It's not every day we have the best rugby players from the lower part of the South Island playing in Alex so we have to make the most of it. Obviously it is not everyones cup of tea so children who don't want to go will have the option to stay at school. Please get in touch with me if you have any concerns about this.

I hope you all have a great week. I'm sure I will see lots of you on Wednesday at the Cross Country cheering on the children.

Jo :)





No comments:

Post a Comment