Sunday 6 March 2016

Week 6 - 7-11 March

What to expect from Week 6!

By the end of this week we will be over halfway through the term.  Doesn't time fly!  Last week I received news that I qualify for classroom release time because I completed the Teacher Education Refresh Programme through The University of Waikato last year.  This means that 1 day a week I will work outside of the classroom.  Karla Sanders will be teaching the class during this time.  She has previously taught at One Day School and is currently involved with The Stick 'n Stones Cyber Safety programme.  She has loads of experience and I am so excited to not only have Karla as my release teacher, but also to be learning from her during this time.

Camp Information...Brace yourselves for a camp notice this week.  It looks likely that all parents keen to come can do so, which is just great!  There will be times when each parent will be driving a vehicle enabling everyone to have time on the trail with their kids.

PAT's - We have been making their way through our annual round of PAT testing.  Two tests were completed last week and I have two more to do this week.  I will be using some of my release time this Friday to record results for these tests.



Homework books are used in class during the week.  Please remind your little cherubs that when they put their lunchbox in their school bag, homework books should be in there too.

Study Ladder - this week I am hoping to see that each child in Room 5 has spent time during the week on study ladder.  I am considering not giving a maths sheet for homework if we can get all children in room 5 completing maths work online.

School Triathlon  This will be next week - Monday 14th March, from 12:00-2:30pm.

Next week I will be out of class on the 17th (St Patrick's Day) as I am updating my First Aid Certificate.

Not much else to report...let's all have a good week.




Mrs Lyon

No comments:

Post a Comment