Monday 2 April 2018

Term 1, Week 10

Hi all,

I imagine you are all feeling well rested after a nice Easter break.  I had two busy days followed by 3 of just relaxing! 

Eisteddfod - Next week the children will be presenting their Eisteddfod Scriptures.  Please have these ready to be presented by Friday this week so that we are able to sort those children who will read theirs in front of the school next week.

Goal Setting Interviews - Hopefully you have all slotted yourselves in with a time to see me next week.  These interviews are a nice time for us all to have a chat about your child's learning so far and their next steps at school

Times Tables - how's it going?  I'd love to hear some feedback from parents regarding how the learning of times tables is happening at home.  This year I've shifted the focus from rote learning basic facts at school to this being encouraged at home.  The reason behind this is to enable more maths 'thinking and problem solving' learning at school.  Feel free to drop me an email or send me a message on Seesaw - esp if you need some support in this area.

Homework books and diaries should be in the children's bags each day.  Please ensure you remind your child to check there whereabouts.

Have a great week,

Mrs Lyon

1 comment: