Thursday 31 May 2018

Term 2, Week 6

Hi there folks,

I thought i'd get in early this week with the blog post for next week.  I've been trialling using SeeSaw as a method of communication and it seems to be working for reminders about what's going on at school.  Anyway, this week I'm back on the blog.

Today we made soup to eat together for a shared lunch.  The learning involved with this included - Soup Making 101,  Recipe Following 101,  Flavour talks, Knife Safety, Food Safety - washing hands, cleaning, no sneezing, coughing etc.  We all shared a karakia before we ate and the end result was - that THE SOUP WAS DELICIOUS!

Rhianna "It was a lot of fun, because we learned how to make soup and cut veges and it tasted delicioius."
Joshua "I like it a lot - the vegetables and the flavour were yum.  I like chopping too!'
Angus "My Mum cooks as good as this, I wish soup everywhere was this good!"
Charlie "It was fun making it, it was out of the normal.  My uncle has already taught me how to use a knife like that."
Dilan "I did the chopping, but I'm not confident.  I'd like to do it again.  The soup tastes so nice."
Dani "I like it how I didn't get my fingers chopped off, the soup tasted nice and unfortunately I was trapped in onion jail - my nose was like aaagggghhhhh!"
Frans "I chop vegetables at home and can peel veges really well too."
Cait "I liked the soup, the flavour was good.  I learned the bendy finger thing when cutting with a knife."








Week 6:  Monday is Queen's Birthday - Enjoy your extra weekend day!

Not much else is on the agenda for next week. 

Golf: Lessons for Golf will begin later in June.  On the days we have golf your child will need to wear their sports uniform to school.  The dates for golf are June 21st, 26th, 28th, 3rd July and 5th of July.

Before you read the next part of the notice - you need to be aware that for your child to play in the rippa tournament they must be registered with NZ rugby asap.  Otherwise they will not be playing.  Please click on the link below and register your child.

www.sporty.co.nz/viewform/62313


Rippa Tournament: The teams for the interschool Rippa Tournament on June 21st (cancellation day being 22nd) are as follows...

Year 5-6 teams

Team Name:   St Gerard’s Warriors
Team Name: St Gerard’s Rockets
Coach/Manager:
Coach/Manager:
Tadgh
Jack O
Lachie
Jack S
Dylan
Otis
Bobbie
Sully
Hayvin
Charlie D
Mason B
Keira
Jelena
Jacqui
Sophie
Ana
Zaria
Rhianna
Annajhay
Alia

Did you click on the above link???

Good job! 

Have a great weekend.

Mrs Lyon

No comments:

Post a Comment