Sunday 14 February 2016

15th-19th February

This week is our first full week at school with no days off!  I had a word to Room 5 last week about being kind to themselves and others if they were feeling tired.  This was more of an act of kindness to oneself as opposed to a behaviour reminder.

Important dates for this week.
  • Swimming – Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons - please remember swimming gear.  We'll be walking again and if you can come to walk with us, please do.
  • Wednesday evening - Meet the teacher evening - 5.30-7pm at school.  Bring a picnic dinner for your family and mingle and chat with the teachers and other families from school.
  • Swimming sports Thursday morning.  Please see last week's newsletter for any information regarding this - DRESS IN HOUSE COLOURS PLEASE!
  • Thursday afternoon - NZ Playhouse Performance
That's all I can think of at the moment for activities this week.  I will dojo message any updates.


Homework
Study ladder usernames and passwords have been given to the children for use at school and at home.  I have set activities appropriate for the Year level your child is at.  If you want to discuss levels with me, please do so.  You may find that your child needs more of a challenge, or that they are finding the level I have set too challenging.  If this is the case, please let me know.  I encourage you to get your child active on this website as we can access bonus activities when we have kids participating.  I use study ladder for my own children at home and it’s good, relevant learning at the child’s level.

I expect every child to spend at least 20 minutes reading each night as well as learn their spelling words.  Work on spelling will happen during the week at school during reading time as I encourage a depth of word knowledge – not just rote learning of words.

Computer battery is low and charger is at school....

See y'all Wednesday evening.  It'll be a good chance for us to have a brief chat about camp too!

Mrs Lyon


No comments:

Post a Comment