Saturday 20 February 2016

22nd-26th Feb

Thanks to those of you who came to our Meet the Teacher evening on Wednesday.  I did go on a bit (sorry) but I wanted you all to be understanding of our classroom programme.  Thanks for listening and also your encouragement.  31 is a big class and I am so lucky to have keen kids and supportive parents.

CAMP MEETING THIS THURSDAY EVENING - FEBRUARY 25th - 7:30pm!!!
I have made this top of the list so you all see it first and commit to coming along on Thursday if you need to hear what's happening, put yourself forward as a parent helper or can help with any camp needs.
During the week I will be talking to the class about their dietary requirements - bare in mind I am not talking gourmet options, just whether or not we have gluten free/vegetarian/allergies etc.
The date of the camp may not suit you all but I have chosen to have the camp this term because I believe the bonding which happens on camp is beneficial to relationships between the kids throughout the year - not at the end before summer holidays.   I also know that Term 4 can sometimes be so busy that camp doesn't really get the energy it deserves.
If you cannot make the meeting but need to chat with me, feel free to drop me an email.
carolynlyon@stgerards.school.nz



Homework
Homework this week will be spelling words, 20 minutes reading each night and a maths sheet.
There are also set tasks on study ladder.  All logins for this site are in the kid's homework books.

DOJO FOCUS
The class dojo focus this week will be job responsibility and care and set up of our own things.
Encourage this as much as you like at home - ha ha - like you don't already!

I have popped a message on our whiteboard for each child to bring a box of tissues along to school. During the winter months it is handy to have a box available so that we minimise the spreading of germs.  I know it's not cold yet, but if we could be prepared for when the seasons change it would make Room 5 a healthier place to be.  No hurry for this - just as you next think about it thanks.

St Gerard's Garden
On Friday Room 5 spent an hour and a bit in the school garden.   With the help of Mr Yeoman, Sue Brydges, Regina Adams and Rachael Mackie the kids got stuck in to their new job roles and we had our first day of contributing to the upkeep of a very special area of our school.  Next time you are here do take a look and do a lap.  It is nothing but organic goodness!

Have a great week,

Mrs Lyon.

No comments:

Post a Comment